Broadsword are on the lookout for a charismatic Production Manager to join our growing band of energetic event professionals.
We’d expect you to love listening and talking to people, finding solutions to implement cutting edge, creative production ideas. The world of live events is an exciting area in which to be involved; you’ll need to be adaptable, motivated and responsive, ‘a safe pair of hands’ for our customers and exceed expectations, time and time again.
One team. One experience. Broadsword deliver a complete end-to-end service. Design. Planning. Production. Event Award Winners, we’re a boutique event production agency with a great reputation, a leadership team who are hands on, really know their stuff and generous with their knowledge. The Broadsword family is filled with genuine people who care about we do and each other.
You will be based in our Beckenham office and onsite as required. You will need to be flexible in working hours as working early mornings, late nights and weekends is part of the industry.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background within the AV industry and at least 2 years of production management experience in a similar role. We will also consider candidates from a technical manager role, venue management role or a similar position.
Salary – Negotiable based on experience
Main tasks of role
- Attend Client meetings to discuss and develop solutions for the client brief
- Prepare quotes and pitch documents
- Attend site visits and production meetings
- Book crew, technicians, equipment and transport
- Support the Client pre event
- Assess health and safety requirements and create risk assessments and method statements for each event.
- Track the progress of each job and the documentation involved.
- Manage equipment, crew and transport on site and liaise with the venue and client on site at the event.
- Manage any changes that occur when on site
- Post event completion of costs, invoicing and all related paperwork
- Work with the team to constantly update equipment, processes and creative ideas.
- Manage relationships with key venues where we have an onsite presence.
- Experience within the Audio-Visual industry or Event production industry in a technical role with 2 years of experience in a project management role or venue management role.
- Sales experience with motivation to develop profitable new business.
- Methodical, structured and self-motivated person with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- A well organised and calm approach to the job with meticulous attention to detail.
- Wide experience of a range of audio and video equipment and new technologies within the industry.
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Good with the written word and grammar
- Team player
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Ability to travel to office/central London out of hours
- Experience of working in bespoke venues around London where standards and working practices are heavily scrutinised
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio, and other visualisation software
- Experience of working with camera crews as an on-site director. A good understanding of editing techniques.
- Show calling experience for live productions.
- Use of CAD for drawing scaled plans.
- We encourage everyone at Broadsword to build a career, with annual performance reviews, monthly catch-ups and training opportunities.
- We offer an annual bonus based on company performance and a 3% pension contribution.
- Mobile working - you'll get a company phone and laptop if your role involves being out and about.
- Work life balance - flexible start/ finish time / work from home to enable builders, doctors, etc and time in lieu for weekend work, plus 23 days holiday and we're closed over Christmas.
- Sweets and treats - tea, (real) coffee and biscuits every day and a present on your birthday.
- Party, party, party - Christmas party and summer off-site picnic, as well as regular team drinks, breakfast clubs etc.
- Charity initiatives - we've a nominated charity and organise group activities to raise money.
- Perkbox - everyone's a member and offers include: cheap cinema tickets, free drinks and discount dinners as well as ride to work schemes, mobile phone insurance, gym membership and childcare vouchers.
We are committed to taking positive action in order to promote such equality of opportunity and our recruitment procedures are based on the requirements of the job, irrespective of race, gender, marital status, sexuality, disability, religion or age. Appointments are always made on the basis of merit and we welcome applications from all members of the AV community.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com or for further information contact Justin on 0208 776 5386.
Please see our privacy notice for details of how we handle your data