Event Operations & Production Assistant
Broadsword Event House is looking to recruit an Event Operations & Production Assistant based out of our offices in Central London and Beckenham. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, trustworthy individual who can work on their own or as part of a team.
Salary – 18k – 24k
You will be based in our offices providing a consistent point of support during core working hours of 08:30 – 17:30. Flexibility outside of these hours may be required for specific project requirements.
Main tasks of role
- To work with the Operations Co-ordinator in the booking of freelancers, crew and logistics for specific events.
- To help prepare call sheets and ensure these are communicated to the relevant members of the team.
- To assist the Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the operations side of the business.
- Dealing with suppliers for subrental of equipment and transport companies for arranging transport services
- To provide assistance to Production Managers throughout the production process including:
- Drawing up of floorplans and Health & Safety documentation
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Researching and sourcing specific items required for events
- Providing a point of contact in the office when Production Managers are onsite
- To ensure PO’s are issued for freelancers and services.
- The ability to reach the office out of hours with personal transport on occasion.
- To be a methodical and self-motivated individual with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills;
- To have a structured and calm approach to the job with meticulous attention to detail;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Excellent problem solver;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Presenting a professional image, both in person and on the telephone;
- Good with the written word and grammar;
- Team player;
- Enthusiasm, energy and a ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Experience in an event production environment;
- Knowledge of technology used within event production;
- Knowledge of CAD drawing software.
We are committed to taking positive action in order to promote such equality of opportunity and our recruitment procedures are based on the requirements of the job, irrespective of race, gender, marital status, sexuality, disability, religion or age. Appointments are always made on the basis of merit and we welcome applications from all members of the AV community.
Please send CV’s to email@example.com or for further information contact Bruce on 0208 776 5386.